Most users prefer PDF files over regular document files like DOC whenever they are sharing any data through email or other file-sharing platforms. This is because PDF is one of the safest ways to send files to other users in an unformatted way. But, do you know how to open a PDF file on different operating systems? No? Well then, just follow this article which completely focuses on the topic “What is a PDF file and how to open it?”
What is PDF File?
PDF file alludes to the Portable file Format created by Adobe Systems. PDF files comprise of pictures, intelligent buttons, texts, hyperlinks, implanted textual styles, video, and so forth reports remembered for PDF file designs resemble item manuals, proposition for employment letters, eBooks, handouts, flyers, filtered archives, and significantly more.
PDF files don’t depend on the product opened from some other explicit working framework type; it looks similar regardless of where you open the file.
Steps to Open PDF File
1.Firstly, download Adobe Reader:
- Learn how to alter the PDF documents; you can alter the PDF records online too.
- A assortment of other free PDF perusers are additionally accessible if you would prefer not to introduce Adobe Reader.
- Windows 8 thinks of the PDF peruser introduced if you would prefer not to utilize Adobe Reader.
2.Decline McAfee offer:
At the point when you introduce the Adobe Reader, a case naturally checks to add the McAfee to the PC. A large portion of the clients likely won’t need this, so guarantee to uncheck the case.
3.Introducing Adobe Reader:
For some clients, Adobe Reader should open naturally, showing the PDF document.
4.Enter secret word if necessary:
PDF documents are secret keys ensured records by the maker, so you will require the right secret key in case it is required.
1.Click on the PDF:
Operating system X concocts the review button, a device that opens a wide assortment of files, comprising PDF documents. See grants you to peruse the PDF records however not alter them.
2.Change the application that OS X uses to open the PDFs:
- Firstly, select the PDF file in the Finder yet don’t open the file.
- Then click on the File menu and afterward select the “Get Info” button.
- Expand the choice “Open With.”
- Then select the program you wish to use in the drop-down list.
- Lastly, click on the Change All button.
3.Enter Password if necessary:
These secret words shielded to keep unapproved peruses from opening the document. On the off chance that you don’t have the secret word with you, the main technique to open the PDF document is by breaking the secret phrase.
1.Firstly, download the application which upholds PDF files:
However Android doesn’t have implicit backings for perusing PDF files, many free applications effectively open the PDF files. You can likewise download one of these applications introduced on your PC:
- Adobe Reader
- Foxit MobilePDF
- Google Drive
2.Find PDF document you wish to open:
At the point when you download the PDF file, you would then be able to open it from the Notification bar by tapping on the finished download.
- Firstly, open my Files choice or the “Document Manager” application on your android gadget.
- Then open the downloads envelope. It is the default area where any downloaded documents will get put away.
- Click on the PDF document to open it. On the off chance that you have effectively picked it as the default application, it will open consequently.
1.Click on the PDF you wish to Open:
IOS has an implicit PDF check that can open PDF connections in messages or PDFs you find on the web.
2.Click on PDF button to open the menu:
It grants you to choose one more application to deal with the PDF.
3.Click on the “Open In” button or the Share button:
Here you will see the PDF file in your last mail application; you will then, at that point, utilize the Share button. It will show the rundown of projects that upholds PDF.
4.Select the program you wish to utilize:
You would then be able to add the PDF file to iBooks, or you would then be able to open the file in Adobe Reader or in some other PDF program that you have introduced on your iOS gadget.
How to Edit PDF Files?
1. Firstly, open the PDF file in Acrobat DC.
2. Then snap on the “Alter PDF” instrument situated on the right sheet.
3. Then use the Acrobat Editing Tools.
4. Save the changed PDF.
Process to Create PDF file on Mac
- Open the report first.
- Select the record and thereafter click on the Print.
- Choose the PDF popup overview and subsequently select the “Save as PDF.”
- Select the name and the region for the PDF report. Enter the data that you need in your Title, Subject, Author, and Keywords fields.
- Select the Save button.
Create a PDF from Excel
- Open file.
- Then select the “Item” button.
- Select the ” Create PDF/XPS.”
- Click on the decisions and thereafter change the PDF settings.
- Select the things that include a PDF file.
- Give the PDF file name and a while later select the “Disperse” button.
Convert PDF File to Word
- Open the archive that you need to change over in Acrobat Reader
- Tap the Export PDF instrument arranged in the right sheet.
- Choose Microsoft Word as the Export plan.
- Click on the Convert button. If your PDF fuses the sifted text, Acrobat Reader will normally run text affirmation.
- Then came the word report and a while later saved the file in the best region.
Portable Document Format also known as PDF is one of the most preferred file formats when it comes to sharing documents or any other data in an unformatted and secure way.
Plus, it is supported by a maximum number of operating systems whether it be Android or Windows.
And hence, it is always recommended to understand every step that should be taken to open, create or convert a PDF file on various applications and operating systems.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who created the PDF format?
Portable Document Format also known as PDF was created by Adobe Systems in the early 1990s, and since then this file format has evolved through multiple versions, with the current version being 2.0.
Moreover, it has also become an open standard that is maintained by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
What is the purpose of a PDF file?
The purpose of a Portable Document Format (PDF) is to provide a way to create, distribute and share electronic documents, that are platform-independent, self-contained and retains the original formatting and layouts regardless of the hardware or software.
How does a PDF file differ from other file formats, such as Word or Excel?
The PDF files differ from other file formats in several ways like;
- It is used for sharing and distributing electronic documents. While Word or Excel is used only for creating and editing documents or spreadsheets respectively.
- PDF maintains every single detail of the original document. While the Word or Excel file may display something different depending on the software and settings.
- PDF can be viewed on a wide range of devices and operating systems. While Word or Excel need specialized software.
- PDF files cannot be edited in their original condition and demand conversion to do so, whereas Excel and Word documents can be easily edited.
What software can I use to create a PDF file?
If you want to create a PDF file, then you can use softwares like;
- Nitro PDF.
- Microsoft Word.
- Google Docs.
- Open Office.
- Adobe Acrobat.
Can I edit a PDF file?
Yes, you can edit a PDF file only if you are using some pro-level PDF editing tools like; Adobe Acrobat Pro. This tool allows you to make changes in text, images and formatting within a PDF file.
However, it should be noted that editing a PDF file is more complex than editing a Word or Excel file. So, it is recommended to edit a PDF file only after converting it to an editable file format like Word or Excel.
Can I convert a file to a PDF?
Yes, you can convert a file to a PDF using various file converter tools like; Save as PDF, Print to PDF, or Small PDF. You can also use some dedicated software that can convert a file to a PDF file format.
Can I password-protect a PDF file?
Yes, it is possible to password-protect a PDF file to prevent unauthorized access or editing. Tools like Adobe Acrobat offer the option to add passwords to PDF files.
Here are some steps:
- Open PDF file in Adobe Acrobat.
- Then, click on the “Tools” tab, followed by “Protect.”
- Now, select “Encrypt with Password.”
- Next, choose if you want to restrict editing or printing.
- Then, enter a password for the document.
- After that, confirm the password and then select “OK.”
- Lastly, “Save” the password-protected PDF file.
Remember that if you forget your password then you won’t be able to open or recover that PDF file again without a password recovery tool.
Can I add digital signatures to a PDF file?
Yes, digital signatures can be added to your existing PDF files. Digital signatures are a way to identify the authenticity and integrity of a document without the need for a physical signature.
Can I compress a PDF file?
Yes, you can easily compress a PDF file to make it more shareable. Moreover, compressing a PDF file does not affect the quality of the file as it belongs to the lossless category of file format, thus making it more manageable in terms of storage and transfer.
What is the best PDF viewer software?
PDF can be easily viewed using various PDF viewer softwares. Now, the best PDF viewer may depend upon your needs and specifications. Although, here is a list of some PDF viewer softwares;
- Google Chrome.
- Microsoft Edge.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- WPS PDF Viewer.
- Foxit Reader.
- Apple Preview.
- Sumatra PDF.
Can I view a PDF file on my smartphone or tablet?
Yes, you can easily view a PDF file using your smartphone or tablet. Eventually, you can view a PDF document either through the in-built PDF viewer or with some of the most used third-party PDF viewers like; Foxit PDF Reader, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Office, Apple Books and Google Drive.
Can I search for text within a PDF file?
Yes, you can search for text within a PDF file either by using the in-built search feature or the third-party PDF software or apps.
The search-for-text feature can be very useful if you want to search for a specific sentence or a word in a PDF file that contains a lot of text.
Moreover, it can also be useful for research, study and work-related tasks.
Can I create bookmarks in a PDF file?
Yes, you can create bookmarks in a PDF file using most PDF viewer apps. Bookmarks allow you to jump to specific sections or pages within a PDF file that can be useful for easy navigation and organization.