Want to extract text from a video that is playing over the internet? If yes, then this article is for you where we will be covering the top 5 chrome extensions to copy text from video.
Top 5 Chrome extensions to copy text from video.
Sites like; YouTube, Udemy, Skillshare, etc have been serving their users maximum educational content with textual instructions over videos. And many users prefer taking down notes in notepad or Word so that they can prefer it in the future.
However, this process is not that easy and requires some additional tools to do so.
Therefore, here is a list of 5 Chrome extensions that can help you extract text from any kind of video that is available on the internet.
- Quixy Toolbox.
- OCR Image Reader.
“Quixy Toolbox” by Quixy is our first pick if you want to extract text from any video that is available on the internet.
It uses the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to extract text from videos and images.
Not to mention, it supports more than 75 languages and is free to use.
How to use the Quixy Toolbox extension?
To use the Quixy Toolbox extension in order to extract text from your favorite video, all you need to do is install the extension from the Chrome Web Store, and then follow the instructions that are mentioned below;
- Launch your favorite video on your Chrome browser.
- Then, click on the extension’s icon followed by “Quixy Toolbox.”
- Now, select the desired language from the drop-down menu, and then click on the “Select an area” option.
- Select the area of the video where the text lies.
- It will start analyzing and processing the text, and then show you the result in a different window.
- Lastly, click on “Copy text” to copy. You can also click on the “Select again” option if you think the result is not appropriate.
Now, you can paste the text wherever you want.
“Copyfish” by OCR.Space is the second recommendation on the list that we have to offer. This particular tool is capable of extracting text from videos, copy text from images, PDF files and also copy text from websites.
It works by capturing the screen using the OCR technology and then turning it into editable text that can be formatted easily.
How to use the Copyfish extension?
Firstly, download the Copyfish extension on your Chrome browser via the Chrome Web Store, and then follow the instructions that are mentioned below;
- Navigate to the “Copyfish” extension via the “Extensions” tab, and then click on it.
- Your screen will turn into a selection box. So, select the area that contains the text.
- Copyfish’s AI will detect the text and present it inside the result box.
- Lastly, you can edit the text if you want or directly select the “Copy to Clipboard” option and paste it inside the targeted location.
You can also click on the “Redo OCR” or “Recapture” option if you are not satisfied with the results.
“OCR Image Reader” by Brian.Girko is our third pick to extract text from any video. As the name suggests, it works on OCR technology to capture the screen and convert the image into text.
This extension uses the “tesseract.js” library which has features like 100+ languages support, automatic text orientation, and script detection.
How to use OCR Image Reader?
- Download the extension from the “Google Web Store.”
- Then, click on the “OCR Image Reader” extension by navigating inside the “Extensions” tab.
- This will activate a screen capture tool.
- Now, select the part of the screen that contains the text.
- Soon it will start downloading and recognizing the image to present you with the results.
- Lastly, just click on the “Copy text” option to copy the text.
You can also change the “Accuracy” of the conversion for the best results.
The fourth chrome extension on our list is “SelectText” by SelectText.app which uses the latest Computer Vision (OCR) technology to get the job done.
It works on all video sites including Udemy, Coursera, Skillshare, and YouTube. The biggest USP it holds is that it can copy texts ranging from handwriting, code, and links.
It also supports 50+ languages, so you don’t run out of options.
How to use the SelectText extension?
To use the extension all you need to do is;
- Download the extension on your Chrome browser.
- Then, access it via the “Extensions” tab.
- You will be asked to sign up to activate it. So we suggest you do the needful.
- Now, toggle “On” the “SelectText” switch and it will automatically start recognizing the text and highlighting it.
- Lastly, just drag the move pointer over the text part, and done. The text will be automatically copied.
“Blackbox” is our last suggestion on the list that can help you extract text from any video.
This extension is also based on the OCR technology which recognizes the text inside the image or video, and then converts it into text. The best thing about this extension is that the text gets copied automatically.
How to use the Blackbox extension?
- Download the “Blackbox” extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- Then, pin it beside the “Extension” bar by accessing it from the “Extensions” menu.
- Now, head towards the video containing text, and then click on the “Blackbox” extension icon.
- You will be asked to sign-up to activate it.
- Lastly, select the part of the screen which contains text, and done! The AI will automatically copy it onto your clipboard so that you can paste it anywhere you like.
Copying text from various sources seems a tedious task when there is no tool available for the same.
However, with the help of these extensions that are mentioned above, you can get it done just like that.
So, what are you waiting for?
Just pick up your favorite extension, install it, and get started.