Are you looking for some of the best chrome extensions to copy text from any website?
Well, your search has come to an end, because this article is specially curated keeping this query in context.
So, let’s jump into the discussion.
Top 5 Chrome extensions to copy text from any website
Whether you are a writer, teacher, student, or an employee, we are sure that you must have found something useful over the internet, which you want to copy for your future reference.
However, that extra step of pressing the “Ctrl+C” key to copy the text seems annoying.
Also, the copied text mostly comes in a formatted avatar, which seems unpleasant to the eyes.
- Copy All URLs.
- Simple Allow Copy.
- Copy As Plain Text.
“Copy All URLs” is the first recommendation on our list. This extension allows you to copy the URLs of all the open tabs in your browser with a single click. You can also select and copy specific parts of the page.
How to use the Copy All URLs extension?
To use the Copy All URLs extension, all you need to do is;
- Install this chrome extension on your browser.
- Then, click on the extension itself from the extensions tab.
- Lastly, click on the “Copy” option.
- Tada! The URLs have been copied.
“Copyfish” is another extension that allows you to extract text from any web page and translate it into over 50 languages.
It works by capturing the screen in the form of an image and then using its AI, it detects text inside it.
It also allows you to copy text from protected websites and PDFs.
How to use the Copyfish extension?
The process to use the Copyfish extension is very easy.
- First install it on your browser via the Chrome store.
- Then, open the extension by accessing it through the Extensions tab.
- Now, select the area containing text. By doing so, it will start analyzing the text from the selected part.
- Lastly, just press “Copy to Clipboard” to copy it.
- The extension will do rest of the job.
“Simple Allow Copy” is yet another extension from the Chrome store that allows users to copy text instantly.
The main USP of this extension is that it allows a user to copy copy-restricted content.
How to use Simple Allow Copy?
To use the Simple Allow Copy extension, first, download it on your Chrome browser, and then follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Go to the extensions tab and pin the Simple Allow Copy extension besides the extension icon bar.
- Then, visit the website containing text.
- After that, click on the Simple Allow Copy extension icon to activate it.
- Lastly, select the text > right-click on it > Copy.
“Copy As Plain Text” extension allows you to copy text from any website without any formatting issues. Meaning, now you don’t need to worry about your copied text turning into italics or bold because with this extension it will be copied in plain text as the name suggests.
How to use Copy As Plain Text?
To use the Copy As Plain Text all you need to do is;
- Download the extension and run it via the Extensions tab.
- Then, select the part of the text that you want to copy.
- Lastly, right-click on the selected text to open up the context menu, and then select Copy As Plain Text.
Now, all you need to do is paste it inside your desired document with the help of the paste command, “Ctrl+V.”
“Copycat” is the last chrome extension on this list that can help you to copy text from any website. It works by creating a right-click menu also known as the context menu to provide copy functionality on the supported websites.
It can copy the following text formats:
- BB Code.
How to use the CopyCat extension?
- Install the extension from the Chrome store.
- Then, go to your desired website, and select the text.
- Lastly, right-click on the text, and select “CopyCat” followed by “Selection → Plaintext.”
The selected text will be copied and now you can paste it anywhere you like.
This was our curation for the top 5 chrome extensions that can help you to copy text from any website.
Now, anytime you feel like you want to copy a part of the text from any website, then all you need to do is install these extensions on your Chrome browser, and then follow the instructions respectively.