Do you want to convert that downloaded or recorded audio to text? If yes, then you are in luck because today in this article we will be mentioning 2 of the best chrome extensions to convert audio to text.
Top 2 chrome extensions to convert audio to text
Listening to audiobooks and podcasts has become one of the trends as it can save a user from holding a regular-sized book for hours. Plus, this special audiobook technology has been greatly adopted by many people who can’t afford to spend time their time reading a hard copy of a novel or a book.
However, there are times when you tend to like an entire audiobook/podcast/song or a part of it, which you wish was in textual format for your reference.
And for that reason, we have mentioned 2 of the most powerful audio-to-text converter chrome extensions below.
- Transkriptor by Transkriptor.com
- SpeechText.AI by Speechtext.ai.
Transkriptor by Transkriptor.com is the first recommended audio-to-text converter chrome extension on our list. It is an AI-based chrome extension that converts audio to text files, including songs in minutes.
It also supports transcription for online meetings, so you can easily note down things from your business meets. To start an online transcription of a meeting all you need to do is press the record button before the meeting starts.
You can use this audio-to-text converter on Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and Cisco Webex and it is supported by all the major OS platforms like Chrome, iOS, and Android.
This special audio-to-text converter extension supports languages like; English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, and Portuguese.
How to use this extension for audio-to-text conversion?
To use this extension for audio-to-text conversion all you need to do is follow the steps that are mentioned below;
- Go to the Chrome Web Store and install the Transkriptor extension on your Chrome browser.
- Now, open the Chrome extension by accessing it via the extensions menu.
- Then, click on the “Upload Audio/Video” option.
- You will be asked to sign in. So, do the needful.
- Next, either drop or upload files from your local disk storage by clicking on the “Drop a file” option, or upload the audio straight from YouTube or your Cloud storage.
- After that, choose the “Language” as well as the “Service” type.
- Now, click on the “Transcribe” button.
- It will start transcribing the audio to text.
- Then, click on the file name.
- Wait for a short period of time for the audio to process, and then hit the “Refresh” button.
- That’s it, your audio-to-text transcription is ready.
- Now, click on the “Download” button.
- Lastly, select the Export format (ranging from TXT, Word, Clipboard, and SRT) and the Paragraph Size, followed by the “Download” button.
Your transcription has been successfully downloaded on your PC in your selected file format.
To transcribe online meetings select the “Record Audio/Video” option, and then follow the on-screen instructions accordingly.
SpeechText.AI by Speechtext.ai is the second most recommended audio-to-text converter chrome extension on the list.
This extension is also AI-powered and therefore it is capable of converting your favorite audio or video to text in just a few clicks.
Speaking of its accuracy, you need not worry about any fatal errors because it is known for its human-level accuracy.
For the extension to work all you need to do is upload the audio/video file to its online directory and then follow the on-screen instructions.
How to use this audio-to-text converter extension?
- Install the SpeechText.AI extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- Now, head to the extensions menu and open it.
- Then, click on the “Transcribe Audio and Video” option.
- You will be asked to log in. So, we recommend signing up for the service to move forward.
- Next, click on the “Upload” option.
- After that, click on the “Browse” option to upload the audio file from your local storage.
- Now, select the transcription language, industry domain, and audio type.
- You can also turn on the “Speaker recognition” switch to bring focus to the speaker.
- Next, click on the “Upload file” option.
- Then, click on “Transcribe.”
- The audio-to-text conversion process will start. You can also see the progress bar.
- Now, click on the download icon.
- Lastly, select the file type, switch on the toggle for timestamp (if needed), and then click on the “Download” button.
Your transcribed file will be saved to the “Downloads” folder.
As the years have passed the Chrome browser has come a long way with its mind-blowing and feature-rich extensions, that a user can use to accomplish tasks like audio-to-text conversion very easily.
So, what are you waiting for?
Just add these two audio-to-text converter extensions to your Chrome browser, and start the transcription process today!